Monday, September 22, 2014

My Life is a Miracle...am truly Blessed...!!!

So i say, My Life is a Miracle...am truly Blessed...!!!

http://yessy.com/rukshanahooda   http://rukshanahooda.co.in

http://yessy.com/rukshanahooda/bio.html




My Life is a Miracle...am truly Blessed...!!!
I am a qualified designer from the Sir J.J. School Of Art & Sophia College, Mumbai,Friends and  family lovingly calls me ’Ruks’ and have been dabbling in art for the past 24 years.   Before i found myself in the world of canvas and colours  i worked for Resham Creations as a Designer, freelanced with Laxmi Vishnu and as an honorary Teacher for Art/Craft/Calligraphy with The Fidai Institute, conducted classes for students for The Elementary & Intermediate Art Exams.
I am a mother of two, despite an undying passion for the arts gave way to the rigors of my motherly instincts and left my brushes to rest, only to reinvent myself after nearly a quarter of a century. Overcoming an uncertain beginning, the overwhelming response to my paintings on fabric, canvas, thick cartridge etc, inspired me to start off with a new collection of miscellaneous paintings depicting my passion, my mind and my talent in my own style.
I derived inspiration  from nature and the world around me, nature in its own self has always absorbed my expression in its beauty, its serenity and its solitude that transcends feelings beyond mortal boundaries...... Human forms, seemingly shapeless boulders, colorful clouds and green landscapes that transform on paper, plates, canvas, marine-ply, teak, etc. For me beauty holds no form, i try to capture & create its essence on my easel....
I create an assortment of genres, from free flowing abstractions, contemporary landscapes, soulful etches (charcoal), humanoid forms, Warli art to more traditional Moghal-Art and historic depictions.
For me  family has been the biggest inspiration and my two children and  loving husband who continue to support and encourage me to go on.
I was a Home Maker for many years, till My Kids cajoled me to Painting after seeing a Sketch of mine on the last page of their Home work book,
That did it, My son Amyn, a Fashion Photographer now, told me “You just  can’t be sitting at home, cooking, cleaning, and being our mom, U gottu paint for others walls and create history, dated 13th feb 2005.” "Going to erupt and create history",  (his exact words) time 5.45 pm That is still on my soft board….
He got me a Charcoal Stick and 2 Thick Cartridge papers from his pocket money which used to be Rs 10/ in the good old days,
When I finally did have my 1st exhibition, My Daughter Zahra was working and simultaneously helped me with all the PR, she did all my listings in newspapers, well never looked back ever  since then…
 touch-wood…
To be honest if i ever did look back it was sheer Nostalgia, an awe, way back in 1999 i was searching for a job, so did a quick course in basics in computers and found it extremely interesting, hence enrolled myself for Corel, Photoshop and Flash. Completing that i decided to work as a faculty,  in the same institute but the pay was low..!!!
Then was the inspiration by my kids in 2005, My 1st art show was in Oasis art gallery, which was divine, a bit of me and my color therapy was  broadcasted on Sony TV... people on the road Friends and family knew me as a Painter/Artist...!!! That was a new high...!
I continued painting and selling on various sites, in art-shows, and am still Painting, which i will continue to do so forever, as my Passion Once is now my Profession....!!!


My Deepest Passion has always been my Art  and now I have chosen that as my medium of living. 

I prefer to fill my canvases with my love, emotions and energy so viewers can enjoy it for many years later, and also wish to be remembered as an artist who always smiled!
Happy Reading, Have lovely, Colorful, Miraculously blessed dayssss.!!!!





 My Adorable kids, Our Darling, apple of our eye, Our sweetheart Roufes....